Saturday, July 2, 2011

End of the trip: Final day in Paris!

Bonsoir everyone! This is possibly the last blog on the trip (maybe one more once we get back to the states just recapping and letting anyone who is curious know that we made it back ok). I am about to crash and get as much sleep as I can before our LONG travel day tomorrow. It probably isn't going to be too fun. But, it's been a great trip so I suppose one long day heading home isn't the end of the world. I am hoping to sleep more this time so it goes by faster. We'll see how that goes!

But back to today! We decided not to sleep in too much so that we could make the most out of our last day in Paris/Europe. After a quick breakfast, we hopped on the metro and set out to see the Catacombs. This may not be as well known of a tourist attraction as some others in Paris, but it actually is really popular and interesting. But for people like myself, it is also a bit creepy and probably not something I'd do more than once. I am glad I went though. This was the main thing Keegan really wanted to do in Paris, so I called it his Trooping the Colour! (becuase we had to wait in line for like two hours to get in to this thing, and I made him and Tay stand outside in London for more than two hours for the parade...) But anyway, for those of you who are not aware what I am talking about, the Catacombs are underground burial sites for millions of Parisians from hundreds of years ago. You basically go down a creepy dark tunnel deep underground, and then eventually reach hallways just lined with skeletal bones and skulls and such. It is amazing to see, though very creepy! I probably haven't done the best job explaining it, but if you want to know more I recommend just Googling it :)

Keegan very much enjoyed his Catacombs tour, as did Taylor and I suppose myself. Afterwards, we went by metro to Luxenburg gardens. It's really pretty there. I enjoyed just walking around a little. There are some tennis courts on the grounds and the maps made them look like they may be grass courts, but sadly they were just hard courts so I wasn't that impresed. Ha but it was still neat. We had lunch just across the street from the gardens at a very nice cafe. Taylor had a cool blue drink that she enjoyed quite a bit, I enjoyed my good 'ol American/Italian style pizza, and Keegan liked his steak and beer. So all was well :). Then we walked to the island where Notre Dame is. It was very crowded due to the fact that it is Saturday and that is a very touristy area, so we took a few pictures and then just headed back to our hotel area. It was a pretty tiring walk. We relaxed a bit, and then went back to the same place we had dinner and drinks the previous day. The guys there all recognize us now and say hi and have little conversations with us. One guy and I try to converse about tennis and he told me to come back and watch the Finals tomorrow. I am bummed we can't do that! We'll be on the plane then though heading back home. So he said to look the restaurant up on Facebook! haha It's funny how even people over here use that to stay connected.

Well, my eyes are very tired so I am going to call it a night soon. Hopefully our good luck continues tomorrow and we have no problems with our flights and travels back to the homeland. I am excited to go back, but bummed to leave as well. It still is crazy to think about how much we have done the past month! It's been so wonderful :)

Goodnight friends and family! Thanks again for reading!!

xoxo, Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment