Thursday, June 23, 2011

Last night in Palamos :(

Before I begin, I have some bad news for my faithful followers. This may be the last blog for awhile. We aren’t sure what the internet situation will be like at our next destinations. We’ve been lucky so far, so maybe our good fortune will continue. I like to try and keep everyone as up to date as possible! :) Thank you for your support and interest, though. It’s fun knowing someone besides myself may be reading this thing!

But back at our trip! Our dinner last night was very tasty. We made two different kinds of pasta: ravioli with spinach and ricotta cheese filling, and tortellini with 4 queso :) filling. It was all yummy. After pasta, we “vegged out” (Keegan terminology) and then while Taylor was catching up with people at home, Keeg & I stopped by the beach bar again for a little dessert & drink combo. I ordered a drink called Le Quiero for him to try, and had the chocolate gelato for myself. We enjoyed both very much! Then the three of us chatted in the room a bit before calling it a night.
Today was more of a cleaning/packing/preparing for our next move kind of day. We managed to do laundry (major props to Taylor for figuring that out!), went to the supermarcat, and reorganized our belongings. Keegan & I took a short hike which Tay decided to pass on. It was more of a rugged hike than I imagined, but fun. We climbed some rocks & took cool pictures. Later, Taylor & I hit up the beach for awhile while Keegan napped. It was fun just being girls (sorry Keegan!) and having time for girl talk & such! :)
Tonight we headed in to town again for more shopping, dinner, and gelato! We shopped in record time due to Keegan’s obvious hunger (he chanted the name of the restaurant until we finally went there). The restaurant was called CanPaco. It was simple but inexpensive and tasty. And quick, which was good because we were mainly excited to get gelato. We tried a different place than we had previously been to, and it was good but the lady working wasn’t as friendly. So, we decided to be crazy and go back to the initial gelato place after to get ANOTHER scoop… but that guy wasn’t working tonight L. Keegan and I still split a cone just because we felt bad for not going there originally lol. Then we walked back to the apartment place.
There is a festival or celebrations going on all over Spain tonight because it is the festival de San Juan or something like that. Everybody is letting off fireworks. I jump every five minutes from the “BOOM”. I have a feeling I won’t be sleeping so well tonight!!
I’m excited for tomorrow. We are heading back to Barcelona, and have made plans to meet up with our friend Jake! It’s so crazy to me that Jake lives literally down the street from me in New Albany and we are able to meet up with him for a day in SPAIN. Love how small the world is sometimes! :)
I’m a little bummed though because we are already on the last leg of our trip. I realized this because Wimbledon started this week, and it ends the day we fly home. Yes, only someone as obsessed with tennis as I am would use a tennis tourney as a calendar/time keeper! (Go Nole!)
On another note, I’ve eaten wayyyy too much pizza in Spain. It’s so good though!
Buenos tardes amigos!
-Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment